- Top 5 Biotechnology Colleges in Chennai
- Eligibility for Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai
- Top Job Roles for Biotechnology in Chennai
- Best Companies For Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai
- Average Salary for Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai
- How to Apply for Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai?
Biotechnology is a branch of science which contains the amalgamation of many streams namely mathematics, technology, biology, and chemistry. Students these days are focusing on biotechnology courses a lot because of the vast availability of biotechnology jobs in Chennai.
The application of biotechnology jobs in Chennai is tremendously increasing and becoming the forefront of the future. Because by studying biotechnology courses students learn about the chemical characteristics of cells, robotics, molecular biology, physics, and genetics. As a result, students get an opportunity to acquire their intentions and get dream jobs with the help of this course.
Nowadays, biotechnology has become a new era in many fields such as forensic science, DNA profiling, food security, and health care. And it helps in improving the quality of science. Thus, before getting into a job, understand the fields and opportunities of biotech jobs in Chennai. Also, let’s see the top Biotechnology colleges in Chennai to pursue your course.
Top 5 Biotechnology Colleges in Chennai
1) Rajalakshmi Engineering College
Rajalakshmi Engineering College is one of the finest Biotechnology private institutions in Chennai. It is affiliated with Anna University. It was established in 1997 and recognized by AICTE. Students who passed class 12 with 45% marks are eligible to join the Biotech course.
In addition, the selection is done based on the TNEA entrance exam marks. After completing the 4-year Biotechnology course in campus placement you can find promising biotechnology jobs in Chennai.
2) Anna University
Anna University in Chennai is a government college that offers Biotechnology in the Bachelor of Engineering. It was established in 1978 and offers education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and applied sciences.
The Centre for Biotechnology was established in 1984. And it offers both graduate and postgraduate courses. Besides, the selection of students is done only on a merit basis. After completing the 12th class they must clear the state eligibility test.
3) Madras Christian College
MCC college is located in Tambaram, Chennai, and was established in 1837. MCC is a government college affiliated with the University of Madras. It has been ranked among the top 3 colleges in India.
It offers courses in two specializations : plant biotechnology and plant biology. It is a three-year degree course. After completing three years you will be able to place in any decent biotechnology jobs in Chennai.
4) IIT Madras
The Department of Biotechnology at IIT Madras was founded in 2004. The biotechnology department offers specializations in Biological Sciences, Biological Engineering, Biomolecular Sciences, and Computational Biology.
Moreover, it also offers dual degree programs namely BS and Ms in Biological sciences or BTech in Biological Engineering. More interestingly, IITM has been the best center of excellence in the biotechnology department for the past few years.
5) SRM Institute of science and technology
SRM Institute of science and technology is a private university located in Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1985 and was recognized by the University Grants Commission. It is a NACC A++ grade college.
Furthermore, it offers Genetic Engineering in Biotechnology. The course duration is 4 years and After completing the course SRM you can get biotechnology jobs in Chennai.
Also Read About: Top Colleges for PhD Biotechnology in India
Eligibility for Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai
Job eligibility for biotech jobs in Chennai may vary based on the requirements of the organization. To get a job you need to complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field. Some companies even want previous job experience. However, there are some entry-level jobs that you can get easily without having any previous experience.
- The basic criteria for getting a biotechnology job in Chennai is you need to finish a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Anyways, a degree certificate can’t get you the job you need to have qualifications along with skills to perform the job.
- If you want to get paid highly then it is important to gain a postgraduate qualification and some industry working experience.
- Just like other streams you can also get a government job in the Biotechnology sector. For that, you need to regularly check the official website of the Department of Biotechnology for vacancies.
Also read about: Top Biotechnology Jobs in Kerala
Top Job Roles for Biotechnology in Chennai
There is a huge scope for biotechnology these days. All you need to do is just familiarize yourself with the courses and choose the perfect course that suits you. If you have enough potential then you can even get a government job in the Biotechnology field.
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Scientist
- Clinical Technician
- Process development scientist
- Biomanufacturing Specialists
- Product Strategist
- Biopharma Sales Representative
These are some key biotechnology jobs in Chennai that pay a good package.
Some of the top Biotechnology companies are listed below. However, because all of these companies are of international calibre, it won’t be simpler to get a job here.
Meanwhile, obtaining an excellent education in biotechnology will make it easier for you to enter prominent firms with a global reputation. So check out the top companies and average salaries for biotechnology jobs in Chennai.
|Companies||Average Package (In INR)|
|Spinco Biotech||6.1 LPA|
|Johnson & Johnson||10.8 LPA|
Also read about: Top Biotechnology Jobs in Pune
Average Salary for Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai
The package of employees will vary slightly from person to person and firm to company, even for the same job role, for a variety of reasons. Experience, skill, and qualification are the reasons behind the variation in compensation.
|Level of Experience||Average package|
|Fresher||INR 4.9 LPA|
|Semi-Experienced||INR 5 LPA|
|Experienced||INR 7 LPA|
|Highly Experienced||INR 10 LPA|
How to Apply for Biotechnology Jobs in Chennai?
The process of getting biotechnology jobs in Chennai is listed out below.
- The first step involved in the process is to complete 12 classes with a minimum percentage of marks from the recognized board.
- After Finishing 12th figure out the Biotechnology courses and colleges.
- Choose the course of your interest and apply for the college.
- You can get a biotechnology degree in ether BS.C in Biotechnology or BE.
- Try to improve your knowledge and skills simultaneously. Because both are compulsory to get a job.
- After completing the internship and getting the degree certificate, attend campus drives conducted by your college or you can even attend walk-in interviews.
- After clearing the interview successfully, you can get a biotechnology job in Chennai.
If you want, you can go for further studies and gain a certificate in master’s degree and then attempt the interviews. Getting a master’s degree will help you in getting a high package.
Also read about: Top Biotechnology Jobs in Hyderabad
This is some of the important information regarding Biotechnology jobs in Chennai. As the world is becoming more competitive day by day it is always necessary to keep updated with the latest technologies and changes in any sector.
Especially, when you want to chase a career as a Biotechnologist and get comfortable and secure.Besides that, Biotechnology jobs in Chennai are always important to focus on improving your knowledge and skill in the particular area that you want to pursue in your future. Thus, follow your passion and achieve your goals.