Looking for Biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad? Know These Details!
- Top 5 Institutes of Biotechnology in Hyderabad
- Eligibility for Biotechnology Jobs in Hyderabad
- Top Job roles of Biotechnology
- Some Companies offering biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad
- How to apply for biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad?
- Salary Stats
Biotechnology is now becoming quite famous among medical science students. The course has an amazing average package and is easily accessible in any institute. Anyone who earned a biology diploma in class 12 is welcome to enrol in the courses. These courses may be brief introductions to biotechnology and its uses. Such courses can help you get the best biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad.
The career scope in Biotechnology is wide enough to provide you with a comfortable life. Moreover, job security, especially on higher designation, is also stable. Thus, a dedicated and passionate student can get the best out of it. But before applying for biotech jobs in Hyderabad, it is prominent to know about the field first.
Top 5 Institutes of Biotechnology in Hyderabad
1) Loyola Academy Degree and PG College
LADPC was founded in 1976 and is affiliated with Osmania University. The college is accredited with an ‘A’ grade. The college offers a Biotechnology course under B.Sc. which is the UG program. The duration of the course is, normally, 3 years with ₹ 40,000 as the fee for the first year.
2) St Ann’s College for Women
The college has focused on the upliftment and education of women since 1983. More than 30 courses are provided by this institute, Biotechnology is one of them. The student willing to take admission here should be a 12th passed out. The fee charged for the first year is ₹ 17,155, which has great ROI by getting you excellent biotech jobs in Hyderabad.
3) University of Hyderabad
The University of Hyderabad counts as one of the top institutes that offer biotechnology courses. The university has certification from UGC and NAAC. B.Sc. in biotechnology is also available with ₹ 13,770 as the fee for the first year. Admission to UG programs is done through CUET exams.
4) NIT Warangal
NIT Warangal is one of the NITs established in India. The All in India rank of the institute is 23rd and offers both UG and PG programs. Being an NIT, admission is done based on ranks scored in JEE exam. The opening rank for Biotech is 20513 while the closing one is 28785 which is enough to get you biotech jobs in Hyderabad.
5) Kasturba Gandhi Degree and PG College
KGDPC is located in Secunderabad, Telangana and was established in 1973. The college has to take affiliation from Osmania University, Hyderabad. The college offers B.Sc. with a total fee of ₹ 92,000. Along with Biotechnology, various other subjects can be pursued under B.Sc.
Also read: Top Biotechnology Colleges in India
Eligibility for Biotechnology Jobs in Hyderabad
To get a reputable biotechnology job in Hyderabad it is necessary to meet the specified requirements.
- The very first to initiate the process is to get at least 50% per cent of total marks in Class 12th with Biology as a subject.
- Secondly, students must get an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the same field.
- Make sure to clear your course with at least 50% of marks. Only then you would be able to get into good biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad.
- Another requirement that you must fulfil as a student, is enrolling on an internship. This will help you get the most needed practical learning.
- Any other certificate or proven experience in the sector can help a lot, Although, it is not necessary but can play a vital role in placements.
Also read about Top Government Jobs for Biotechnology In India.
Top Job roles of Biotechnology
Biotechnology being a wide field offers various jobs in the medical and technical sectors.
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Scientist
- Clinical technician
- R&D Scientist
- Biopharma Sales Representative
- Process Development Scientist
Also read about DBT JRF Exam.
Some Companies offering biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad
Numerous companies are seeking experts to join them. With an increase in production and a decrease in time, this qualified biotechnician may help the company become more efficient. Several industries with openings include:
|Companies||Position||Package (in INR)|
|Achiever Spot||Biotechnologist and Medical Coder||3.25 – 4.5 LPA|
|Bycus Therapeutics Pvt Ltd||Research Associate||2-4.5 LPA|
|CLIN Infotech||Clinical Research Associate||2.25-3.5 LPA|
|Dr Reddy’s||Research Associate||3.25-4.5 LPA|
|Rancareer Consulting Services||Lab Technician||2.5- 4 LPA|
|Hetro Biopharma Ltd.||Junior Officer||1.75-3 LPA|
|Bycus Therapeutics PVT Ltd||Quality Assurance Head||Not revealed yet|
How to apply for biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad?
Several job openings are always there for biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad. Here is a detailed guide to applying for these jobs.
- Complete your Class 12th with a recognised board, earning at least 50% in the subject of biology.
- Obtain admission to any college or institute that offers a great education and impressive job placements.
- The course can be taken as part of either the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Technology programmes. Postgraduate courses are available for both programmes.
- After finishing your course, you have a few options on how to apply for these positions.
- An applicant may submit an application using online platforms, offline advertisements, on-campus hiring opportunities, and a variety of other channels.
- Submit the required documentation and show up for any examinations or exams that may be required.
- Attend the interview and do your best to ace it.
Also read: Government Jobs after Biotechnology
However, to be ahead of the competition, make sure to enrol yourself through some internships. Other experience or certificate makes you stand out in these biotech jobs in Hyderabad.
Along with the knowledge and hands-on practice in the field, be confident in yourself and try enhancing your communication skills. While resumes and CVs also play a significant role.
Due to the higher qualification and money invested in the educational courses, the pay for biotech jobs in Hyderabad is decent.
- According to many reports and surveys, an experienced Medical Scientist can have pay of around INR 65 LPA. This pay counts among the top salaries among employees.
- The salary of these professionals greatly varies and depends on their experience level. For entry-level or fresher, the salary can be INR 5.5 LPA whereas the medium level may get up to INR 6.8 LPA.
- On the other Experienced professionals can easily earn a pay of INR 1.17 CPA in these biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad.
A biotechnology job in Hyderabad is indeed interesting and high paying. But of course, getting to those levels of pay is not a cakewalk. A good institute and hard work can help you kick-start your career.
You should choose a B.Tech. degree if you’re interested in landing a more technical job in the industry. B.Sc. will be a great option if you are happy with general biotechnology jobs in Hyderabad.