Know Biotechnology Jobs in Delhi & Top 5 Biotech Colleges
- Top Biotechnology Colleges in Delhi
- Eligibility for Biotechnology Jobs in Delhi
- Top Jobs Roles in Biotechnology
- Top Job Companies and Salary Stats in Delhi
- How to Apply for Biotechnology Jobs in Delhi?
The field of science includes several branches with many streams. Another area of study that integrates biology and technology is biotechnology. Students in Delhi are now interested in this to build their futures due to its rising popularity. Let’s talk in depth about biotechnology jobs in Delhi in this post, covering the best universities, pay, and many other topics.
In addition, the microorganism is used in Biotechnology to design and produce innovative instruments. These positions provide a reliable and respectable career. But among the various requirements, one should have a graduate or postgraduate degree in the same field. Many universities in Delhi provide affordable courses to assist learners in obtaining biotech jobs in Delhi. The list of best biotechnology colleges in Delhi is provided below.
Top Biotechnology Colleges in Delhi
1) Jamia Millia Islamia University
JMI is one of the biggest names when it comes to biotechnology in Delhi. It is located in NCR and is Central University. Whereas, the certification of these universities includes ACITE and UGC. With a NAAC grade, ‘A’ the university offers B.Sc and M.Sc to pursue biotechnology. The fee structure for B.Sc. is INR 8000 for the first year. On the other hand, INR 7,800 has to be paid for studying M.Sc in JMI.
2) Sharda University (SU)
Establish in 2009, Sharda University has ranked 151 for overall performance by NIRF in 2021. SU is a private university that offers biotechnology with B.Sc honours. With a ‘B’ grade by NAAC, the university had a 3 years duration course for biotechnology. The charge for enrolling for a year in this course is INR 1.02 Lakhs. The students here are trained to get places in the best biotechnology jobs in Delhi.
3) Amity University
Ranked 43rd overall place in the whole country, Amity University is a private institution. The qualified faculty of this college make the lectures quite interactive. The university is spreading quality knowledge since 1986. If we talk about the certifications and awards then the university is validated by NCTE, COA, AICTE, UGC and AIU. Biotechnology can be pursued at this college under UG or PG program. For UG the fee can go up to INR 1.44 Lakhs for the first year whereas, for PG, the tuition fee charged is 1.80 Lakhs.
4) G D Goenka University (GDG)
This private university was established in 2013. Currently, the campus of GDG university is spread over 60+ acres of lush green land. At the same time, 100+ programs are offered by the university. To enrol in these programs one can register from online or offline mode by paying a minimal fee of INR 1000. There is an option to opt for biotechnology through an M.Sc course by paying fees of INR 2.28 Lakhs. GDG University is also known for its placements and practical training to help students get into biotech jobs in Delhi.
5) University School of Biotechnology (USBT IP University)
The university was established in 1999 with the aim to train students in biotechnology. Moreover, they also promote sustainable development and spread these values to students in order to match them with industry standards. The institute offers B.Tech. as well as M.Tech. in Biotechnology. For enrolling in the courses, one has to pay INR 79k per year for B.Tech and INR 60K per year for M.Tech.
Also read about: Top Biotechnology Colleges in India
Eligibility for Biotechnology Jobs in Delhi
No doubt the capital city of India is packed with companies that are constantly looking for employees. As we move further towards digitalisation there is a great need for biotechnologists to develop instruments and tools to make the process faster. But to get into those biotechnology jobs in Delhi, you must have to follow things:
- The applicant must have cleared his/her 12th from a recognised board with at least 45% of total marks with biology as a subject.
- A graduate degree is enough to start your career as a biotechnologist. These degrees not only act as proof of your learnings. Therefore, apply for a graduate course.
- Make sure to get a minimum of 60% in your graduation.
- Experience is a must as they are practical lessons that you should learn during your career.
- The best way to get experience during your college days is to enrol in a part-time internship in a company.
- Post-Graduate can give you a head start as compared to other degree holders.
- Generally, the pay and designation of a PG degree holder are higher at biotech jobs in Delhi.
- Develop your communication, analytical, and observation skills to pass out screening or interviews in companies.
Also read about: DBT JRF Exam for Government Job in Biotechnology
Top Jobs Roles in Biotechnology
As already discussed, due to the fast-paced development there is a need for instruments that can make the process efficient. Most of them are invented, developed or modified by biotechnologists with the integration of biology into technology. Apart from development, the consequences of this should also be monitored which is again a role of biotechnologists and come under biotechnology jobs in Delhi.
- Biomedical Engineer
- Content Writer (Medical)
- Biochemist and Biophysicist
- Product Management Director
- Medical Scientist
- Biomanufacturing Specialists
- Process Development Scientist
Top Job Companies and Salary Stats in Delhi
|Company||Jobs Role||Package (in INR)|
|Medcaptain Medical Technology||IVD Business Development Manager||₹1 Lakhs per month|
|Dynakode Innovation Pvt. Ltd.||Associate Research Scientist Nanotechnology||₹20k – ₹35k per month|
|DelveInsight Business Research LLP||Medical Content Writer||₹2 – ₹8 LPA|
|Titan Biotech||Chemist /QC /IPQA/Quality Executive||₹1.75 – ₹3 LPA|
|Marion Biotech||Product Manager||₹6 – ₹8 LPA|
How to Apply for Biotechnology Jobs in Delhi?
A fresher can get hired in two ways, by normal job opening or on-campus placement. There are certain points that you should keep at the back of your head before applying for these biotech jobs in Delhi.
- Gathering up the required documents is the very first step that you should do after finding an appropriate vacancy.
- Marksheets, government ID, or any other certificate would count in this.
- Know about the company and the work culture. Try to understand the idealogy of the firm and its motto. Getting familiar with the biotechnology jobs in Delhi and their responsibilities.
- On the interview day, dress properly and reflect a confident and self-esteemed personality.
- Answer the question with confidence and calmness. Remember, panic and pressure are the two antagonists that you must not have.
Also read about: Biotechnology Admission Process
On a concluding note, make sure to be confident with your skills and try to improve them with each passing day. Apart from theoretical knowledge, be physically and mentally active as well as healthy. While working on your communication skills will always pay off. So, do spend some time growing yourself to ace your professional career and biotechnology jobs in Delhi.