Overview of best paying jobs in precious metals
With the onset of globalisation and the new world order, hardly any sector remained to be explored by the capitalist order. Starting from pottery to oils and from farms to films, all of these different industries grant an ample amount of opportunities for employment in all of them. The precious metals industry, although not unheard of but with lesser fame and popularity, has to offer some of the best paying jobs in precious metals today.
Most jewellers, precious stone workers, and precious stone and metal workers need to have high school graduation. Some programmes last anything from three months to a full year. They instruct pupils to create, cast, set, and polish gems and jewellery. Potential employers may view graduates of these degrees as having a higher market worth.
List of best paying jobs in precious metals
Given below is an explanatory list of some of the best paying jobs in precious metals industry:
- Dealer in precious metals:
- Among the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals, on the top is a dealer of precious metals.
- One of their duties is to provide customers cash while keeping the goods as security and determining the value of a product using retail prices or the market value of precious metals or stones.
- They are also in charge of figuring out how much the metal is worth.
- As one of the best paying jobs in precious metals, a metal broker or trader usually makes around $110,000 per year.
- A goldsmith is a specialised metalworker who works with gold and other precious metals.
- Moulding metal, soldering parts together, mending jewellery, resetting stones, adjusting ring sizes, cleaning and polishing jewellery, and grading costly stones are all essential work activities and responsibilities of a goldsmith.
- Among the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals a goldsmith in the United States is expected to earn between $38,163 and $66,777.
- Quality assurance and control specialists:
- They are responsible for ensuring that existing products are defect-free and manufactured in accordance with internal requirements and external regulations.
- Carrying out any required repairs in metals.
- Evaluations and tests of the products.
- Support process improvement in metals.
- Locate the problem with a product.
- Being the most technical job in the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals, the average annual wage for a quality assurance and control professional in the US is $72,309.
Also read about: Best Paying Jobs in Metal Fabrications
- Metals production specialist:
- As among the best paying jobs in precious metals these manufacturers are responsible for determination of the chemical composition of the product.
- Selection of the method and temperature of the smelting process
- Production of alloys with the required properties
- Processing of ore to produce steel
- The average income for a Metal Production and Process Specialist is $78,106.
- Precious metals advisor consultant:
- As a consultant role in the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals a metal advisor or consultant works closely with their clients to properly assess the timing of market events and choose the best metals market position for them.
- An annual compensation of $81,687 is generally expected to be made by a precious metals advisor consultant.
- Jewellery and coin specialist:
- Among the responsibilities of a coin specialist as the best paying job in precious metals sector includes:
- Testing, buying, and selling Precious Metals, Coins, Currency & Collectables
- Providing excellent customer service
- Providing accurate appraisals and payouts
- The annual salary range for a Jewellery and Coin Specialist remains between $50,000 and $70,000.
- Jewellery design in precious metals:
- These jewellers as among the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals fashion a wide variety of items out of precious metals and minerals, including necklaces, bracelets, and even wedding bands and brooches.
- Their everyday work life requires expertise and command of design processes such as cutting, shaping, polishing, stone setting, mounting, welding, and engraving.
- Jewellery designers can make anywhere from $40,000 to $50,000 per year or even more.
- Jewellery sales:
- The jewellery industry’s sales are by far its most lucrative segment among the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals today.
- Aspects of this occupation include purchasing, selling, and determining the worth of precious and semi-precious stones.
- A typical salesperson in a jewellery store can earn between $30,000 and $40,000.
- Jewellery repair:
- A lucrative career choice is jewellery repairing among the list of the best paying jobs in precious metals.
- Repair work includes setting, refitting, and even some aspects of jewellery designing.
- A jewellery repairer’s remuneration is determined by the number of customer pieces they can work on each year and is therefore not fixed.
- Gemologists are experts in the identification, grading, and valuation of gemstones.
- They can easily identify a gemstone’s variety and identify and evaluate details that the human eye does not notice or see.
- As the best paying jobs in the precious metals sector a gemologist inspects precious stones, as well as stores and analyses gemstones, grindstones, and precious stones.
- A gemologist earns a remunerative sum of between $60,000 to $70,000 per year.
Also read about: Best Paying Jobs in Technology
Luxurious buying as we know is a major part of the elite consumption basket and hence employment under this bracket is to remain as some of the best paying jobs in precious metals for times to come. Art and culture has always had its impact on a major section of the society, especially the elite and this itself has been the driving force for employers to generate some of the best paying jobs in precious metals for a long time.
Because there is always a high demand for precious metals in the market, the precious metals sector has always been profitable. However, demand for precious metals is high in all countries worldwide, not just the United States.Platinum, diamonds, gold, silver, and other precious metals, as well as other expensive gemstones, are constantly in high demand. This means that now is a good time to work in the precious metals industry.