United States Border Patrol Agents
Vacancies will be filled under different categories for the United States Border Patrol Agents.
Job type: Field patrolling and security.
Job Location: United States.
Recruiter: US Customs and Border Protection.
Job description: Details mentioned below
Vacancies are available: United States Border Patrol Agent.
|Position 1||Border Patrol Agent General Public ( GL- 7 )|
|Position 2||Border Patrol Agent General Public with 1+ year law enforcement experience ( GL – 9 )|
|Position 3||Border Patrol Agents Veterans ( VRA GL – 7 )|
About US Customs and Border Protection:
United States Customs and Border Protection patrols all of our country’s borders, both land and sea, equating to a distance of almost 8,000 miles, including The Atlantic coast, the Pacific coast, the Gulf coast, and the Great Lakes, the Canadian border, and the Mexican border. Border Patrol Agents protect the United States from any likeliness of dangerous people and capabilities that could enter the country between ports of entry. Soldiers at US Border Protection Patrol work with determination and courage to safeguard national security and prosperity.
About the role:
Coastal waterways between ports of entry and our international land borders are the sole focus of Border Patrol agents around-the-clock. They will be responsible for protecting the American people against terrorists and their weapons, drug traffickers, and unauthorised foreigners’ entry into the country. Soldiers will be trained to truly represent the essential principles of honesty, vigilance, and service to the country held by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
For all three positions being offered. These are as follows:
- Responding to alarms from electronic sensors.
- Tracks, marks, and other physical evidence must be interpreted and followed.
- The use of Infrared scopes is during night operations.
- Responding to plane sightings and other anti-smuggling operations.
- Farm and ranch inspections, traffic checks, city patrols, and transportation inspections
Requirements for United States Border Patrol Agents:
- Must have US citizenship.
- A driver’s licence is mandatory.
- Be referred for selection before your 40th birthday (waiver for veterans’ preference eligible or those that have previously served in a federal civilian law enforcement position).
- Have resided in the U.S. for at least three of the last five years.
- Eligibility for carrying a firearm.
- Travel enthusiast. Soldiers will be required to travel frequently. This job may require extended domestic and foreign temporary duty assignments.
- Passing the application process.
Apply for: US Air and Marine Operations (AMO) Agents
Pay structure of United States Border Patrol Agents:
|Grade||Base Salary||Average FY 2022 Locality, Overtime and Premium Pay||Total Compensation|
- $5,000 recruitment incentive upon successfully completing the academy meets the criteria defined 5 CFR 575.102.
- New agents assigned to a hard-to-fill duty location will be eligible for an additional $5,000 recruitment incentive (for a total of $10,000).
- Agents may be eligible for premium pay for working Sundays, holidays and night shifts.
- Agents can earn up to 25% of the given salary for time outside the 40-hour work week.
Application process for United States Border Patrol Agents:
The following application procedure is followed for the selection:
- Take the Border Patrol Entrance Exam (GL-9 waiver)
- Qualifications Review
- Background Investigation
- Medical Exam
- Fitness tests
- Structured Interview
- Polygraph Exam
- Drug Test
- All incentive recipients will be required to sign a one-year service agreement.
- Agents may be rated unsuitable for the Border Patrol Agent position if their background includes:
- Use of illegal drugs and/or the sale and distribution of illegal drugs.
- Convictions (including misdemeanour domestic violence charges).
- Intentional harbouring or concealment of an illegal alien.
Interested candidates must apply for the position opening through the given application link – https://www.cbp.gov/careers/apply-now
For more US Customs and Border Protection Jobs, keep checking Federal Jobs