Tom Hanks is an American actor and filmmaker, widely regarded as one of the most talented and beloved actors in Hollywood. He has won two Academy Awards for Best Actor, four Golden Globe Awards, and numerous other accolades throughout his career. Hanks is known for his range and versatility as an actor, having played everything from comedic roles to dramatic leads.
In this article, we will delve into his biography, family, net worth, age, height, wife/past relationships, and career growth and more!
Tom Hanks Highlights
|Full Name||Thomas Jeffrey Hanks|
|Born On||July 9, 1956|
|Birthplace||Concord, California, USA.|
|Height||6′ (1.83 m)|
|Parents||Father- Amos Mefford Hanks
Mother- Janet Marylyn Frager
|Occupation||Actor, Writer, Director, Producer|
|Years Active||1970 – present|
|Siblings||Jim Hanks (Brother)Larry Hanks (Brother)
Sandra Hanks (Sister)
|Tom Hanks Net Worth (in 2023)||$ 400 million|
Tom Hanks Biography
Tom Hanks full name is Thomas Jeffrey Hanks and he was born on July 9, 1956, in Concord, California, USA.
Hanks spent his early childhood moving around with his family as his father worked various jobs. When he was five years old, his parents divorced, and he stayed with his father, who remarried. Hanks attended ten different schools in five years before finally settling in Oakland, California, where he attended Skyline High School.
After his graduation from high school in 1974, he attended the Chabot College in Hayward, California. He later transferred to California State University, Sacramento, but dropped out of college in 1977 to pursue a career in acting.
Hanks started his career in the late 1970s, appearing in a number of low-budget films and television shows. In 1980, he landed a leading role in the television series “Bosom Buddies,” which ran for two seasons. He then went on to star in a number of successful movies, including “Splash” (1984), “Big” (1988), and “A League of Their Own” (1992).
Hanks is one of the most successful actors in Hollywood history, having won numerous awards for his performances in films such as “Forrest Gump” (1994), “Philadelphia” (1993), “Saving Private Ryan” (1998), and “Cast Away” (2000). He has also worked as a producer, writer, and director, and has been involved in a number of charitable and humanitarian efforts over the years.
Tom Hanks Family
Tom Hanks’ parents, Amos Mefford Hanks and Janet Marylyn Frager, were of English, German, and Portuguese descent. Amos was born in Glenn County, California, in 1924, and was a cook and restaurant manager, while Janet was born in Alameda County, California, in 1932, and worked as a hospital worker.
Tom’s parents divorced when he was just four years old, and he and his siblings were raised primarily by their father. Amos Hanks remarried to a woman named Frances Wong, who was of Chinese descent. Tom has three half-siblings- Jim, Larry and Sandra.
Tom Hanks and his siblings remained close throughout their lives. In fact, Tom has spoken publicly about the influence his siblings have had on his career, particularly his brother Jim, who introduced him to the world of voice-over acting.
Tom Hanks Net Worth
Tom Hank’s net worth is approximately $400 million USD.
Tom Hanks is a highly acclaimed actor and filmmaker who has been in the entertainment industry for several decades. He has won numerous awards for his work, including two Academy Awards for Best Actor for his performances in “Philadelphia” and “Forrest Gump.”
Hanks is also a writer, producer, and director. He has produced and directed films like “That Thing You Do!” and “Larry Crowne.” Tom has also written and co-written screenplays, such as “A League of Their Own” and “Larry Crowne.”
Hanks has also been involved in the production of several successful television shows, including “Band of Brothers” and “The Pacific.”
Tom Hanks Age
Tom Hanks age is currently 66 years old.
Tom Hanks Height
Tom Hanks height is 6 feet tall (1.83m).
Tom Hanks Wife
Tom Hanks has been married to his current wife, Rita Wilson, since 1988. The couple first met on the set of the ABC sitcom “Bosom Buddies” in the early 1980s, where Wilson had a guest role. They began dating in 1985 and got married three years later.
Prior to his marriage with Wilson, Hanks was married to Samantha Lewes, whom he had met in college. They duo tied the knot in 1978 and became parents of two children, Colin and Elizabeth. Later, they both got divorced in 1987.
Tom Hanks Movies and TV Shows
Tom Hanks is a highly acclaimed actor and filmmaker who has been in the entertainment industry for several decades. Here are some of his most notable movies and shows:
- Forrest Gump (1994): Hanks won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of the titular character in this iconic film.
- Saving Private Ryan (1998): Hanks earned critical acclaim for his performance as Captain John H. Miller in this World War II drama.
- Cast Away (2000): Hanks received widespread praise for his role as Chuck Noland, a FedEx employee stranded on a deserted island.
- The Da Vinci Code (2006): Hanks starred as symbologist Robert Langdon in this adaptation of Dan Brown’s bestselling novel.
- Toy Story franchise (1995-2019): Hanks voiced the character of Woody in all four installments of Pixar’s beloved animated franchise.
- Band of Brothers (2001): Hanks served as an executive producer and writer for this critically acclaimed miniseries, which followed the experiences of an American army unit during World War II.
- The Pacific (2010): Hanks was also an executive producer and writer for this miniseries, which focused on the Pacific Theater of World War II.
- From the Earth to the Moon (1998): Hanks produced and co-wrote this Emmy-winning miniseries, which chronicled the history of the Apollo space.
- Big Love (2006-2011): Hanks executive produced this HBO drama series, which centered around a polygamous family living in Utah.
- Electric City (2012): Hanks created, wrote, and voiced the main character in this animated web series, which explored a post-apocalyptic world where energy is scarce.
- The First 48 (2004-present): Hanks narrates this documentary TV series, which follows real-life homicide investigations during the first 48 hours after a crime has been committed.
- Masters of the Air (2022): Hanks is an executive producer on this upcoming miniseries, which is a follow-up to Band of Brothers and The Pacific, and is based on the book by Donald L. Miller.
Tom Hanks has proven himself to be a versatile and talented actor, but his contributions to the world of television as a producer and writer are equally impressive. From historical dramas to animated web series, Hanks has demonstrated his range and passion for storytelling on the small screen. Fans can look forward to his upcoming project, Masters of the Air, which is sure to be another compelling addition to his impressive television portfolio!
|Follow Tom Hanks|