SSC GD Exam 2023: Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Important Dates
- What is SSC GD Exam?
- SSC GD Recruitment 2022:
- SSC GD Exam Notification 2022:
- SSC GD Selection Process 2022
- SSC GD 2022 Overview
- SSC GD Exam Important dates 2022
- SSC GD Vacancy 2022
- SSC GD 2022 Syllabus
- SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
- SSC GD Constable Application Process- 2022
- SSC GD Constable Salary
- SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2022
- SSC GD Constable Exam center
- SSC GD Result 2022
- Frequently asked questions
What is SSC GD Exam?
The Staff Selection Commission of India conducts the SSC GD Constable Exam to recruit candidates for the General Duty posts of Constables (GD) in the CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, and Rifleman in the AR. The Commission has issued an SSC GD Constable 2022 Notification to fill 25271 constable positions for both men and women.
SSC GD Recruitment 2022:
The Staff Selection Commission holds a national-level test called the SSC GD exam to select applicants for the positions of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty) in the following forces:
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
SSC GD Exam Notification 2022:
The SSC GD notification 2022 was supposed to be released on March 25, 2022. However, it has been postponed because of the Covid-19 epidemic. The SSC GD Constable Notification 2022 was released on the staff selection commission website. There are no vacancies in the NIA or CRPF forces under the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022.
In addition, the last date of application for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 will be on August 31, 2022. And the application cost for the SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam is Rs.100/- for all applicants. Female candidates, on the other hand, are excluded from the application fee.
For more details about SSC Exams, visit SSC Exam Calendar 2022
SSC GD Selection Process 2022
The SSC GD selection process, 2022 will be performed in four stages: Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), and Medical Test. Candidates who pass the test will be required to attend for document verification.
The following phases will be held for the SSC GD Exam 2022.
- Written examination (Computer Based)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Medical Test
- Document verification.
SSC GD 2022 written examination
Candidates who plan to take the SSC GD Recruitment 2022 must be aware of the exam format. Let’s take a closer look at the SSC GD 2022 Exam Pattern.
- The computer-based test will be worth 100 marks and will contain 100 questions.
- The online exam will have four components that must be completed in 90 minutes.
- When a question is answered incorrectly, 0.25 marks are deducted.
- If the question is left unanswered, there will be no negative marks.
- The CBE exam pattern is described below.
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||
|B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
SSC GD Physical Efficiency Test (PET) 2022
- The candidate must be efficient to complete the race within the time constraint.
- Pregnant women and Ex-servicemen are exempt from SSC GD Physical test 2022.
- The PET test is a demanding physical examination that examines your fitness and physical aptitude.
- The officials will first examine if you meet the height and weight requirements before allowing you to take the PET.
- For applicants from the Ladakh area, the limitation has been adjusted differently.
- Complete details about SSC GD running time and distance are mentioned in the below table.
|Male||24 Minutes||5 KM|
|Male from Ladakh||6 1/2 Minutes||1 Mile|
|Female||8 1/2 Minutes||1.6 KM|
|Female from Ladakh||4 Minutes||800 m|
SSC GD 2022 Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Candidates will be tested for physical parameters such as height, weight, and chest size (only males).
- Only those candidates who match the criteria will be allowed for a medical examination.
- Height and weight requirements are determined by the candidate’s gender.
- The candidate’s weight must be proportional to his or her height.
|Height ( General ,SC & OBC)||157||170|
|Chest Expansion (General, SC & OBC)||–||80/ 5|
|Height ( ST )||150||162.5|
|Chest Expansion ( ST )||–||76 / 5|
SSC GD 2022 Medical Test
- CAPFs will arrange and finish the Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Detailed Medical Examination (DME), and Review Medical Examination (RME).
Know how to apply for SSC CGL Exam 2022.
SSC GD 2022 Overview
The SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022 will fill a total of 25,271 GD Constable and Rifleman positions. The recruiting will take place in several forces for both male and female candidates. However, let’s see the complete SSC GD Overview 2022.
|Name of Exam||SSC GD Constable Exam 2022|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Posts Offered||General Duty Constable & Rifleman|
|Departments||BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB, NIA, SSF and AR|
|No. of Vacancies||25,000 plus|
|Mode of Application||Online Application|
|Last date of Application||August 31|
SSC GD Exam Important dates 2022
Candidates interested in the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022 should review the exam’s crucial dates. The official announcement also includes the necessary dates for the SSC GD Exam 2022.
|SSC GD new vacancy 2022 Notification date||February 22, 2023|
|Application dates||February 22, 2023, to March 31, 2023|
|Exam Date||June 23, 2023|
SSC GD Vacancy 2022
Here in the below table check out the complete details about the vacancies.
SSC GD Male Vacancy 2022
Check out the SSC GD exam vacancies for Male given below
SSC GD Female Vacancy 2022
Here is the overall detailed view of SSC GD exam vacancies for females. Check out the below section to get notified about the female vacancy of SSC GD 2022.
Note: The vacancies mentioned in the above table are expected vacancies. The actual figures may vary.
SSC GD 2022 Syllabus
To begin preparing for the SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam, a candidate must understand the whole syllabus. Many candidates worry that the SSC GD exam is tough. Having a strategy with an updated syllabus is more beneficial than just memorizing the items in an undefined manner.
As we discussed above there will be a total of 4 sections in SSC GD Exam. These are General awareness, Elementary maths, General Intelligence & Reasoning, and English/Hindi. Let us discuss in detail all these.
- Scientific Inventions Sports
- Awards and Honours
- Important Dates
- Indian/World History
- General Polity
- Current Affairs
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportions
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Fundamental Arithmetic Operations
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Spatial Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Visual Memory
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences
- Recent Studies and Theories
- Comprehension Writing
- Sentence Formation
- Para Jumbles
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 should confirm their eligibility. According to the official notice the eligibility standards include educational qualifications, age requirements, and physical requirements.
The eligibility criterion factors must be checked before applying for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022.
- The SSC GD age limit 2022 for Constable Exam is 18 to 27 years.
- Candidates from reserved categories, on the other hand, are provided relaxation in the maximum age limit for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022.
Educational qualifications for SSC GD Exam
- SSC GD qualification 2022 is, at the time of application, the applicant must have completed the 10th grade or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Students must achieve the physical standards in terms of minimum height and chest expansions to be eligible for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022. These particulars have already been mentioned.
- SSC GD physical ability for female and males is different.
SSC GD Constable Application Process- 2022
Candidates who are interested and eligible for SSC GD exam can apply for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 using the application forms available on the official website. To apply for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022, aspirants must first register on the SSC Portal.
Candidates who are new to the SSC GD exam, must first register before applying for the SSC Notification. Last but not least, the candidates can register their SSC profile by following the procedures below.
New candidate registration process
- First, go to the SSC’s official website, ssc.nic.in
- Click on the New User link on the official SSC login homepage.
- This will take you to a signup page.
- In the registration form fill the details like name, category, 10th, and 12th roll number, date of birth, etc.
- Enter your contact information, such as your email address and phone number.
- An OTP will be sent to your number and verify the OTP.
- Your profile will be created after verifying the OTP successfully.
Application Process for SSC GD Exam
Registered applicants may apply for the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 using the application forms found on the SSC website. To finish the application, follow the steps below.
- Registered applicants must check in to the official website, ssc.nic.in, using their credentials.
- After logging in, candidates should click the Apply Now option in the top menu of the webpage.
- click on the SSC GD Constable tab.
- Submit an application by clicking on the link next to the SSC GD Constable Notification on the page.
- Enter all of the essential information and double-check it before submitting the form.
- The candidates must now upload their signatures and photos.
- Make sure you upload the image and signature by the SSC Guidelines for dimensions and file size.
- Once all of the essential information has been submitted, candidates can finish their application forms by paying the online application costs.
- There is no online application fee for female candidates, Male candidates need to pay 100 RS.
Want to apply for Government Exam after Class 12th? Check details for SSC CHSL Exam 2022.
SSC GD Constable Salary
SSC GD salary 2022 varies from INR 21,700 to INR 69,100. The salary structure of SSC GD is shown in the table below.
|Basic SSC GD Salary||21,700|
SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2022
The Admit Card for SSC GD 2022 will be made available on the SSC’s official website, www.ssc.nic.in, after the application procedure has been finished. Candidates can download the SSC GD Admit Card 2022 on this website.
SSC GD Constable Exam center
Candidates enrolling for the SSC GD Constable 2022 test must pick their preferred examination center when filling out their application form.
SSC GD Result 2022
The Physical Test/Medical Test, Written Test, and Computer Proficiency Test results for SSC GD 2022 will be announced separately. Following the completion of the exam, candidates can review their results. The Staff Selection Commission of India will announce the dates for the announcement of the results.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: What is the requirement to apply for the SSC GD Examination 2022?
A1: Participants must be between 18 to 23 years. Candidates need to pass 10th class.
Q2: What is the application cost for SSC GD Constable 2022?
A2: For all applicants, the SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam Application Fee is Rs.100/-. Female candidates are free from application charges.
Q3: What is SSC GD salary?
A3: The starting net income for an SSC GD Constable is roughly Rs. 23,527 per month, while the basic pay scale for SSC GD ranges from Rs.21,700 to Rs.69,100.
Q4: Can I edit the details on the SSC profile?
A4: You cannot change any additional details after successfully completing the registration.
Q5: What is the minimum height required for the SSC GD constable exam?
A5: A male applicant must be 170 cm tall, and a female candidate must be 157 cm tall.
Lakhs of aspirants have applied online for SSC GD 2022 jobs in order to accomplish their ambition of joining the different forces as Constables. The Staff Selection Commission holds a national-level test called the SSC GD Constable exam to select applicants for the positions of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty). Hope this article helps you bring all the relative information about SSC GD constable exam notification.