SSC CHSL Exam 2023: Best Government Job after Class 12
- Overview of SSC CHSL Exam 2022
- SSC CHSL Recruitment 2022
- SSC CHSL Exam Important Dates 2022
- SSC CHSL Vacancy
- SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
- SSC CHSL Online Form 2022
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022
- SSC CHSL Selection Process
- SSC CHSL Salary (Pay Scale)
- SSC CHSL Admit Card 2022
- SSC CHSL 2022 Cutoffs
- SSC CHSL Results 2022
- SSC CHSL 2022 Tie Case Resolution
- SSC CHSL Exam Centre
- SSC CHSL FAQS
- Final verdict
The Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level commonly known as the SSC CHSL exam is a national-level entrance exam held each year. Through this exam, candidates are chosen for entry into the various offices and departments of the Indian government. One can easily apply after completing their higher education. SSC CHSL Exam attracts thousands of applicants each year. This SSC has thousands of openings in government departments.
In addition, the Commission released the SSC CHSL exam Tier 1 answer key on June 22, 2022. And the link for the same will be live until June 27, 2022. Through the direct link provided in this post, exam takers can view their response sheets. Additionally, if they are unsatisfied with the results or have any doubts, they may submit objections.
Overview of SSC CHSL Exam 2022
View the SSC CHSL 2022 Overview table. The next sections include all of the essential information about this unique exam.
|Name of examination||SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission-Combined Higher Secondary Level)|
|Conducting organizations||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|No. of Examination in a year||1|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Examination Date||24th May – 10th June 2022|
|Exam Mode||Tier-I: Online (CBT)Tier-II: Offline (Descriptive)Tier-III- Typing/Skill Test|
|Duration per exam||Tier-I: 60 minutesTier-II: 60 minutesTier-III- 15 minutes|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
|Purpose||Selection of candidates for posts of LDC, JSA, PA, SA, and DEO|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-24361359|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2022
The SSC CHSL is held to hire qualified candidates for various positions in government offices, departments as well as in ministries. Through a computer-based test, descriptive paper and skill test, or typing test, SSC will choose and recommend candidates for various assistants. Also, there are various clerks vacancies in many government organizations.
There are three stages to the SSC CHSL test, which are called Tiers through which SSC CHSL Recruitment takes place. The first exam is online, however, the following two are offline tests. The SSC CHSL official website is where the full registration and examination process takes place.
Before being ultimately chosen, candidates must pass each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to advance to the next. For all SSC exams, SSC has made available the SSC Calendar 2022. Some of the various departments include:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Data Entry Operator Grade A across departments and offices.
Apart from this, there are also several higher and lower positions available. Meanwhile, they depend on the rank and the marks obtained by a candidate in the SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Exam Important Dates 2022
The Commission has published a full exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2022 exam. The SSC CHSL 2022 Tier-2 test date for the online examination will be released soon. To obtain the most recent information regarding the SSC CHSL 2022 exam, all candidates must regularly check their official page.
The Official SSC CHSL Exam Calendar 2022 and the exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2022 exam have both been released by SSC. Between May 24 and June 10, 2022, the SSC CHSL Tier-1 computer-based online exam will be held.
Additionally, Candidates who have already finished their Tier 1 SSC CHSL application process can refer to the table below to learn about the upcoming crucial test dates. The following dates for the SSC CHSL 2022 Exam should be noted down:
|IMPORTANT EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Starting of online applications||01-02-2022|
|SSC CHSL Registration||01-02-2022|
|Last date of online applications||07-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date & time for making online fee payment||08-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date & time for generation of offline Challan||09-03-2022 (23:00)|
|Application Form Correction||11-03-2022 to 15-03-2022 (23:00)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||11-05-2022|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-1)||24-05-2022 to 10-06-2022|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Answer Key||22-06-2022|
|SSC CHSL Result for Tier-1||August|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card – Tier 2||Not declared|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-2)||Not declared|
|SSC CHSL Result for Tier- 2||Not declared|
Also check: SSC Exam Calendar, to stay updated with all the important dates related to SSC Exams.
SSC CHSL Vacancy
When the SSC CHSL 2022 Notification was published the number of openings for the SSC CHSL 2022 was also updated. Candidates may check the openings from the previous year until then. There are 4893 positions available for SSC CHSL 2019–20 batch, and 5789 positions were made available for 2018–19. Following are the open positions for the previous year.
SSC CHSL Vacancy (2019-20)
|LDC / JSA||1269|
|PA / SA||3598|
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
The Commission’s Eligibility Criteria must be followed by all prospective candidates for the SSC CHSL exam 2022.
A citizen of either India, Nepal, or Bhutan is required for SSC CHSL 2022 candidates. A Certificate of Eligibility from the Government of India must be issued in the candidate’s favor if they are a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A passing grade certificate of class 12 from an accredited school or board is the minimum qualification to apply.
- Candidates for the position of DEO at the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG) must have studied science and mathematics as their two primary subjects in class 12.
As of January 1, 2022, the age range for the positions is 18 to 27 years (i.e. Candidates born from 01-01-1995 and to 01-01-2004). The age relaxation is noted below.
- OBC- 3 years
- ST/SC- 5 years
- PH+Gen- 10 years
- PH + OBC- 13 years
- PH + SC/ST- 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Gen)- 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC)- 6 years
- Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)- 8 years.
SSC CHSL Online Form 2022
Only SBI should be used to pay application fees, whether through challans, SBI Net Banking, or credit/debit cards from other banks. The online software will generate the Challan form. For SSC CHSL Exam 2022, candidates must pay a non-refundable application fee according to the categories listed below:
- The SSC CHSL application fee is Rs. 100 for General/OBC.
- No fees are for SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Female.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022
It is crucial to be aware of changes to the exam format and syllabus before starting the SSC CHSL study. The following list includes the changes to the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022:
- Tier III will not change.
- There is no sectional cutoff.
- The SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 examination will be delivered online.
- The submission of a descriptive paper worth 100 points in 60 minutes using pen and paper.
- A reduction in the allotted time for the Tier I examination from 75 to 60 minutes
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022
There are two tiers in this test. And each requires study in a separate field. So let’s take a closer look at the courses.
SSC CHSL Exam Tier I syllabus
SSC CHSL Exam Tier I syllabus is divided into the four sections/subjects listed below:
- General Knowledge– Current affairs, awards and honours, books and authors, sports, entertainment, obituaries, important dates, scientific research, statistical general knowledge, portfolio, personal news, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude– Verbal reasoning syllogism, circular seating arrangement, linear seating arrangement, etc.
- General Reasoning– Number Systems, Fundamental arithmetical, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistical Charts.
- English Comprehension– Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting, Idioms & Phrases, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Direct/ Indirect narration, Comprehension Passage, etc.
SSC CHSL Exam Tier 2 Syllabus
This descriptive examination checks the written English/Hindi skills of the candidate.
- Writing an essay of 200–250 words plus a letter or application of roughly 150–200 words.
- For Tier II, 33% would be the required minimum score. When preparing the merit, Tier-II performance would be taken into consideration.
- Reading a lot of articles from different publications is the greatest technique to get ready for the same.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
Based on the outcomes of all 3 Tier levels, the SSC CHSL 2022 Selection Process is determined.
- To be eligible for the second tier, candidates must pass the first or previous tier.
- Application candidates are narrowed down based on their overall results from the first two tiers to create the final selection list.
- The third and last stage, Tier-3 is a skill-based test. This verifies that candidates have the necessary skills.
- Candidates will be invited for the Document Verification once they have passed all three stages.
- Applicants for the positions of Lower Divisional Clerks, Data Entry Operators, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants, and Court Clerks will be assigned to the various departments depending on their qualifications and preference of position.
SSC CHSL Salary (Pay Scale)
The pay scale of SSC CHSL 2022 posts are listed below.
|Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||19,900- 63,200|
|Lower Divisional Clerk||19,900- 63,200|
|Sorting Assistant (SA)||25,500- 81,100|
|Postal Assistant (PA)||25,500- 81,100|
|DEO (Grade A)||25,500- 81,100|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||25,500- 81,100|
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2022
The SSC CHSL 2022 Admit card (Tier-1) will be made available around a week before the exam.
- Your SSC CHSL Exam Registration No. and passwords are required to download the SSC CHSL Hall Ticket.
- You can only log in to get your to admit card to take the SSC CHSL Exam 2022 after providing these two.
SSC CHSL 2022 Cutoffs
The Staff Selection Commission announces the results along with the post- and category-specific cut-off marks. To advance to the next step of the selection process, an applicant must receive the minimum qualifying marks. For your convenience, you can view the SSC CHSL Exam cut-off from the previous year.
SSC CHSL Results 2022
The names of the applicants chosen for the next stage of the hiring process are announced by the SSC in the Results in PDF format. This takes place once the preliminary SSC CHSL Answer Key has been released. The SSC CHSL Result was announced through their official website (ssc.nic.in.)
Check details for SSC CGL exam
SSC CHSL 2022 Tie Case Resolution
If there is a tie in the results of the Tier-I and Tier-II exams, merit will be decided by applying each of the following factors until the tie is broken:
- Total score for the Tier-II Exam.
- Total score in the Tier I exam.
- Date of birth, with older candidates receiving a higher ranking.
- The candidates’ first names are listed in alphabetical order.
SSC CHSL Exam Centre
An applicant must specify the center(s) where he or she wants to take the exam in the online application form. There are options available in the application form where the candidates can choose their preferred location for appearing in the examination. Depending upon the choices of the exam center of the applicants, the centers are assigned to that candidate.
SSC CHSL FAQS
1. When will the SSC CHSL 2022 Notification be released?
Ans: The SSC CHSL 2022 Notification was published on ssc.nic.in on February 1st, 2022.
2. What percentage in the 12th grade is necessary to appear for SSC CHSL?
Ans: Anyone who has passed the 12th grade can submit an SSC CHSL application; there is no restriction on percentage.
3. What is the SSC CHSL exam mode?
Ans: The SSC CHSL Tier-1 exam is administered online whereas Tier-2 and Tier-3 are in offline/pen paper mode.
4. What is the maximum age for SSC CHSL?
Ans: To be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2022, a candidate’s age must fall between 18 and 27 years old.
5. Does the SSC CHSL exam have any negative marking?
Ans: Yes, incorrect responses will result in a 0.25-point deduction.
6. Is it required to take the SSC CHSL exam on all tiers?
Ans: Yes, to be eligible for the SSC CHSL exam, candidates must take part in all exam levels.
The above article has all the necessary details for the SSC CHSL examination 2022. You can check the requirements, Recruitment, syllabus, Salary, posts, and important dates from here. If you have given the Tier I examination, start preparing for the Tier 2 examination. The results dates will be updated soon on their official website.