- About Prachi Tehlan:
- Prachi Tehlan’s Family Members:
- Prachi Tehlan’s Achievements in her Sports Career
- Prachi Tehlan’s Showbiz Journey
- Prachi Tehlan’s Projects
- Prachi Tehlan in IIFA Awards
- Prachi Tehlan, the Entrepreneur
- Prachi Tehlan Brand Endorsements
- Prachi Tehlan Brand Ambassador
- 8 Little Known Facts About Prachi Tehlan
Prachi Tehlan is a multi-talented youth icon of India. She has proven her worth in sports (like Netball, Basketball), acting, and entrepreneurship.
She is a former captain of the Indian National netball team which represented India in the 2010 Commonwealth games and other prominent Asian Championships held in 2020 – 11.
Under the captainship of Prachi Tehlan, India won its first medal in the 2011 South Asian Beach Games.
About Prachi Tehlan:
- Born on 2nd October 1993 in New Delhi, Prachi Tehlan was a sports enthusiast since her childhood.
- She is 5 feet and 11 inches tall with black hair and brown eyes.
- She did her schooling at Monfort Senior Secondary School, Delhi, and BCom (Hons) from Jesus & Mary College, University of Delhi.
- With her niche in academics, she pursued her Diploma in Marketing Management from the Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.
- She then completed her MBA (HR and Marketing) from Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
- She was conferred the title of “Queen of the Court” by Times of India and “Lass of the Rings” by Indian express.
Prachi Tehlan’s Family Members:
- Father: Narendra Kumar(Businessman)
- Mother: Poonam Tehlan(Homemaker)
- Brother: Sahil Tehlan(Actor)
- Husband- Rohit Saroha (Businessman & Wildlife Conservationist)
- Pet: Dog lovingly named Bruno.
Prachi Tehlan’s Achievements in her Sports Career
Prachi Tehlan’s Basketball Career
- Prachi Tehlan started playing basketball at the age of 13 years and never looked back since then.
- In the Under-14 category, she played two sub-junior nationals in 2002-03.
- In the Under-17 category, she represented Delhi eight times out of which the team secured the first position three times between 2002 – 2007.
- In the under-19 category as well, she represented India three times and secured the first position three times between 2002- 2007.
- Prachi Tehlan bagged the first position in Basket Ball Intercollege and Inter-University Championships held in Bhubaneshwar and in the All India level competitions held in Nellore in 2008.
- In the year 2009, she secured the first position in Inter College Basketball tournament.
Prachi Tehlan’s Netball Career
- Prachi Tehlan won a gold medal in the 54th National Games.
- Played Inter college three times and secured the first position.
- Played the Indo-Singapore series, 2010 held in Delhi & Noida and even won by 5-0.
- Chosen Captain of the team in the 7th Youth Asian championship,2010 held in New Delhi.
- Participated and captained the Senior Indian Netball Team in the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in Delhi.
- Prachi Tehlan was the captain of the Indian Netball Senior Team in the Nation Cup, Singapore 2010.
- Was the skipper of the Indian Team in the 2011 South Asian Beach Games, which won a silver medal. This was a prestigious moment for India as it was the first medal to be won by the Indian Team at the international level.
Prachi Tehlan’s Showbiz Journey
- Made her acting debut on the small screen in Diya Aur Bati Hum and gathered much appreciation for her role as “Arzoo Rathi” in 2016.
- She played the lead actress in the Television series “Ikyawann” in the year 2017-18.
- In 2017, she played the female protagonist in the Punjabi movie “Arjan” as Nimmy and “Bailaras” as “Sonali”.
- In 2019, she played the role of “Unnimaya”, the lead actress in the Malayali movie “Mamangam” starring the Mollywood superstar Mammootty.
Prachi Tehlan’s Projects
Prachi Tehlan while pursuing her MBA(HR & Marketing) has participated/ventured into multiple projects in renowned companies to embellish her working experiences.
She worked to improvise the performance moderation cycle through organizing various community meets for the employees in the under noted companies like Accenture, DBS Bank, and Deloitte India.
Prachi Tehlan in IIFA Awards
The talented actress recently shared her experiences of recently attending the IIFA Award function held in Abu Dhabi.
Being a part of such a spectacular event, instilled motivation in her to be invited not just as a guest but also as an award nominee.
She shared that meeting one of her favorite actors Salman Khan, who was hosting the event was a lifetime experience.
Prachi Tehlan, the Entrepreneur
Founder, and Director of “Prachi Tehlan Foundation” incorporated on 02 Feb 2022.
This company is a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) rendering its services in the areas of Health and Social work.
In addition, she is a founder of STEP Achievers, a talent enhancement Program tailored to motivate kids to play, identify the right sport for them, providing them with the requisite training to groom their skills.
STEP works to give kids the right training platform to boost their interest in sports giving equal importance to their nutrition and health. Under the leadership of Prachi Tehlan, who herself is an accomplished Netball and Basketball player, STEP arranges numerous sports events and workshops in schools to spread awareness of sports.
Prachi Tehlan Brand Endorsements
Endorsed the perfumed deodorant brand “Belong Deo”.
Prachi Tehlan Brand Ambassador
From 2011- 2017, Prachi Tehlan was the Brand Ambassador of Netball Development Trust(NDT) aimed at raising awareness about playing Netball among school students and kids of the underprivileged communities deprived of such opportunities.
The former Netball skipper was also chosen as Brand Ambassador of Naz Foundation of Delhi to coach young girls for playing Netball and popularize this game among the youth.
8 Little Known Facts About Prachi Tehlan
- Conferred AAS Award of Excellence in Sports by the Non-profit Organization AAS in the year 2015.
- Awarded Best Sportsperson of the year by Jesus |& Mary College in the year 2010.
- Guest lecturer in one of India’s biggest learning Institutions like IIM Roorkee, IIT Chennai, and NIT Calicut.
- Panel member of Women Inspiring Network(WIN), which works to bring forward the stories of one of the most inspiring and famous women change makers of India.
- An active TED TALK speaker.TED.com is a global initiative to divulge unique ideas, competence, and new voices that inspire you to push your limits further. It’s a platform where people who outperformed in their fields touch your lives with their inspiring stories.
- Her efforts were appreciated and a special interview was featured in Passion Vista magazine in their special edition “Women Leaders 2020”.
- Announced “Project Savitri” on Prachi Tehlan Instagram. Launched under the banner of the Prachi Tehlan Foundation, aims at working towards the empowerment of women and girls.
- Prachi Tehlan, India’s hottest Basketball player has marked her impressions in the fields of Sports and Acting and her Social work movement. She is not only an established professional but also gaining ground in her contributions to society.
Keep following WBDSTBT.in to know more about Prachi Tehlan.