- Quick Hacks to Unclog a Toilet faster
- 1. How To Unclog A Toilet With A Plunger?
- 2. How To Unclog A Toilet Without A Plunger?
- How To Unclog a Toilet Fast: Key Takeaways
Are toilet clogs making you frenzy, and you are going for a panic flush? Please step back from the flush lever, it is the worst thing to do at the moment. If you are wondering how to unclog a toilet flush (both with and without a plunger), do not sweat, we are here to help.
Quick Hacks to Unclog a Toilet faster
We bring you a few cool ways to unclog a toilet faster than you think. So, quickly put on your pair of rubber gloves, and let us get started on solving the riddle as to how to unclog a toilet.
1. How To Unclog A Toilet With A Plunger?
Unclogging the toilet gets much easier with a Plunger, moreover when your toilet is badly clogged. The best way to help yourself in this sticky situation is to avoid flushing because it can make the situation messier. Let us see how to unclog a toilet with a plunger-
- Carefully insert the plunger into the toilet bowl. It is important to make sure that the plunger so inserted is fully submersed in water and completely covers the hole. It makes push and pulls movement possible through the opening. You may also add water from the bathroom sink if you think the plunger requires more water to be fully immersed.
- You have to smartly transition from slow movements to slightly faster ones. The first movement only pushes air into the toilet bowl. The pushdown movement of the plunger has to be followed by a pull-up movement to generate the pressure required for unclogging. It might take you 15-20 cycles if something hard such as a kid’s toy is stuck in there.
- Now flush the toilet 2-4 times to check the efficiency of the unclogging.
Pro-Tip: Try running the plunger under hot water before use as it would make it soft and ready for effective sealing.
2. How To Unclog A Toilet Without A Plunger?
If you do not have a plunger at home, no need to worry at all. We have a few quick and easy-to-make DIY solutions that can work wonders to unclog your messy toilet.
2.1 How To Unclog A Toilet Using Baking Soda and Vinegar Solution
- Baking soda and vinegar(preferably the white distilled one) together make an excellent solvent to dissolve the toilet clogs.
- Heat almost half a gallon of water and cool it until it becomes as hot as tea you can afford to drink, as hot water may damage the porcelain.
- Put 1 cup of baking soda and 2 cups of vinegar into the toilet bowl. You will see around a lot of frizz after adding the mixture into the bowl. Pour hot water from the height of your waste. The force may help in clearing up the clog.
- Let the mixture rest in the bowl for a night. You might get a nicely drained toilet in the morning.
Pro-Tip- This solution works best for organic matter causing the clog. If a hard toy is stuck, it will barely help. If you do not have baking soda, you can use the regular dishwashing liquid. It works equally well.
2.2 How To Unclog A Toilet Using a Chemical Drain Cleanser
- You can easily find a chemical drain cleaner at a grocery or a hardware shop near you. Try using this method if baking soda does not work because such chemical cleaners are harmful to your health and the environment.
- Add the quantity specified in the instruction manual into your toilet bowl. Strictly follow the instructions given on the back of the bottle. Never use a plunger immediately after adding the chemical drain cleanser into the bowl, as it may lead to the chemical shooting back on you.
- Also, open the windows or switch on the exhaust to let the fumes easily escape from your bathroom. These fumes are highly toxic and pose health hazards when inhaled.
Pro-Tip- Avoid using chlorinated drain cleaners as they are extremely dangerous to our environment. Further, if you suspect any hard obstacle stuck into the drainage, it is advisable to use a snake or call a plumber instead.
2.3 How To Unclog A Toilet Using a Plumbing Snake
- Plumbing Snake is a flexible device that can be easily inserted deep into the curves of your toilet drain.
- Push one end of the snake into the drain until you feel some hard obstruction.
- Slowly keep the snake twisting and pushing it deep so that the obstruction gets broken into smaller pieces to glide through the drainage curves.
- Once the trapped water drains, flush 2-3 times to make sure the obstructions are completely cleansed.
- Now reverse the toilet seat to insert the snake in the opposite direction when you suspect that some pieces of hard obstruction may still be stuck. This becomes important to ensure the process of unclogging has been effectively done and no traces of the obstacle are still left in the drain pipes.
Pro-Tip- This method is most effective in case of hard obstacles such as a toy.
2.4 How To Unclog A Toilet Using a Coat Hanger
- For this method, take an old coat hanger that is no longer in use.
- Wrap one end of the wire of the coat hanger with a rag. It will help you safeguard your toilet porcelain from being damaged by the scratches of the wire.
- Push and twist the wrapped end into the drain, moving it in a circular motion. Keep pushing it deeper till the wrapped end encounters any obstacles.
- Once it meets the obstacle, push the wire against it so that you can break it into smaller pieces that can be easily drained off.
- Flush the toilet 2-3 times to remove any residues and clean the drain passage well.
Pro-Tip: This method generally works when the obstacle is in the starting of the drain, for obstacles stuck deeper you have to use the plumbing snake.
How To Unclog a Toilet Fast: Key Takeaways
You may shy away from discussing toilet malfunctions publically, but these are a real problem when a plumber is not easily accessible or when you are in a hurry. In this article, we have discussed toilet unclogging in detail and unfolded a few effective ways to do the job.
The best way to avoid such instances may be to use one or two-ply toilet paper, as thicker toilet papers are tough to disintegrate and take a longer duration. No disinfectant wipes should be flushed in the toilet. Now you can clean your clogged toilet like a Pro using our tips on how to unclog a toilet fast.
For more, keep following: WBDSTBT