FSSAI Food Safety Officer Recruitment Notification
The FSSAI works for matters associated with food and safety regulations in India. Established in the year 2006 under the Food and Safety Standards Act, the FSSAI is a statutory body related to the ministry of family and welfare, Government of India. It is responsible for promoting food and safety awareness and supervises public health and hygiene issues in India.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 scenario in the nation, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has temporarily delayed the numerous recruitment exams held for various positions in the company including the FSSAI food safety officer examination. In a recent notification by the Food and Standards regulatory body, the vacancies for several A and B grade level exams were revealed. One of the most respected and honoured profiles in the governing body’s office is supposed to be that of an FSSAI food safety officer.
Eligible candidates should apply online for the FSSAI Recruitment 2022 on the FSSAI’s official website.
FSSAI Central Food Safety Officer
The following are supposed to be the significant duties and responsibilities of an FSSAI food safety officer in charge of the office:
- To inspect all food enterprises with a permit to overview manufacture, handle, pack, or sell a food item within the allotted area as often as the Designated Officer may specify.
- To inspect and hold the responsibility of checking food samples. The responsibility of identifying any potentially harmful impacts of a food product, unwanted elements in food, or raw materials or articles in case of a complaint by a purchaser or manufacturer is undertaken by an FSSAI food safety officer.
- To draw samples for purposes of surveillance, survey and research, which shall not be used for prosecution.
- To maintain a database of all Food businesses within the assigned area.
- To stop and inspect any vehicle suspected to contain unsafe food or food that does not comply with the provisions of this Act and rules, intended for sale or delivery for human consumption.
- To carry out food safety surveillance to identify and address the safety hazards.
- To prepare food safety plans for Panchayat and Municipalities following the parameters and guidelines given in schedule IV of Chapter 3 of Regulations.
- To carry out any additional responsibilities that may be assigned to an FSSAI food safety officer by the designated officer or food safety commissioner with jurisdiction over the area in question.
FSSAI Food Safety Officer Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for a candidate to appear in an FSSAI food safety officer examination are as follows:
- Age limit – 30 years on the Closing Date of the application process.
- Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or degree in medicine from a recognized University
- any other equivalent or recognized qualification notified by the Central Government.
- Desirable: Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering or Council of Scientific and Industrial Research or Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test
FSSAI Food Safety Officer Exam
Given below are the details for the FSSAI Central Food Safety Officer examination pattern for the 2022 session:
The exam will comprise two stages; Stage 1 & Stage 2.
- Further, Stage 1 will include two papers, Part A & Part B.
- More details about Stage 2 will be released by the FSSAI after the Stage 1 exams conclude.
- There will be no interview for either post.
FSSAI Syllabus for Food Safety Officer
Part A examination for FSSAI food safety officer exam:
- There will be a total of 40 objective multiple-choice questions (10 in each subject), each worth four points.
- Questions in Part A will therefore carry 160 marks.
- There will be 180 minutes total for writing the exam
- Each correct response will receive four marks, while each incorrect answer will result in a mark deduction.
Part A syllabus: Stage 1 –
- General Intelligence: Analogies, Similarities and Differences, Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discriminating Observations, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetical Reasoning, Verbal And Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-verbal Series.
- General Awareness: India And Neighbouring Countries Especially Pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, Sports and Scientific Research.
- English language Comprehension: Comprehension, One Word Substitution, Synonyms And Antonyms, Spelling Error, Spotting Errors in Sentences, Grammar – Noun, Pronoun, Adjectives, Verbs, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Use of ‘a’ ‘an” and ‘the’, Idioms and Phrases, Parts of Speech.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Including Basic Commands, Google Docs, Emails, and commonly used Social Media Handles (WhatsApp, FB, Twitter).
Part 2 syllabus: Stage 2 –
- Indian and International food laws: Food Safety and Standards Act of India, 2006:
- Provision, definitions and different sections of the Act and implementation, FSS Rules and Regulations Overview of other relevant national bodies (e.g. APEDA, BIS EIC, MPEDA, Spice Board, etc.) and other International Food Control Systems/Laws, Regulations and Standards/Guidelines with regard to Food Safety.
- Principles of food preservation processing and packaging:
- Food Processing Operations-Principles, Good Manufacturing Practices, Overview of food preservation methods and their underlying principles including novel and emerging methods/principles, Overview of food packaging methods and principles including novel packaging materials/techniques.Principles and Basics of Food Chemistry and their role in Human Nutrition
- Food Microbiology & General Principles of Food Hygiene:
- General principles of food microbiology and overview of foodborne pathogens, General principles and techniques in the microbiological examination of foods, and general principles of food safety management systems include traceability and recall – sanitation, HACCP, Good production and processing practices (GMP, GAP, GHP, GLP, BAP, etc.)
- General concepts of Food Analysis and Testing:
- Fundamentals of field level and laboratory sampling with reference to the importance of statistical tools, Overview of basic/classical methods of food analysis, Overview of modern analytical techniques including mass spectrometry and molecular techniques, Principles of Quality assurance and Quality control with reference to food analysis and testing.
Also read about: FSSAI Assistant Recruitment
FSSAI Food Safety Officer Exam Calendar
As per the notification, this is the exam calendar for the FSSAI Food Safety officer examination 2022.
|Website Link Open For Online Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges||13th October 2021|
|Last Date for registration of Applications||12th November 2021|
|Online Examination||28th March to 31st March 2022|
|Result||Will be Announced|
Note: Interested candidates for the FSSAI recruitment drive of the FSSAI food safety officer must duly read the official notification released by the FSSAI.