Every year the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) recruits people for different roles under its office. People from different streams and backgrounds apply for these job profiles offered by the FSSAI. The recent COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the recruitment process temporarily but nevertheless the FSSAI is back with its special recruitment drive for officers at different administrative and clerical levels. This article is dedicated to the information pertaining to the FSSAI assistant recruitment procedure and related knowledge in detail.
FSSAI Assistant Job Profile
The jobs with FSSAI are highly desirable and offer a competitive salary, a fantastic working environment, and numerous learning possibilities. The job description itself is intriguing, rewarding, and meaningful. Given below are some major duties and responsibilities that one needs to fulfil as an FSSAI assistant:
- Making sure that the policies of the company are followed.
- Resolving issues of customers and ensuring their full satisfaction.
- Keeping the management style aligned with the best practices of the company.
- Providing all employees with direction and leadership.
- Ensuring the quality of products and their availability.
- Ensuring that rules related to security, safety, and health are followed.
- Efficiently and accurately completing all tasks given by the General Manager.
One can take the departmental recruitment exam conducted for various posts to get promoted within the FSSAI after securing the position of an assistant. The Board of FSSAI also ensures that every employee receives regular compensation increases and opportunities for exposure and professional progress. Any hired recruit must serve a probationary period of at least one to two years. One will only be regarded as a full-time employee of the Board of Food Safety and Standards Authority in India after the probationary term is over.
FSSAI Assistant eligibility
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution or the any other recognized University of India to appear for the FSSAI assistant level exam. The maximum age limit for applying to the assistant level post is given below as per different reservation categories:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|PwBD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PwBD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|Persons domicile of Jammu and Kashmir during 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Widows, divorced women, women judicially separated who are not remarried||Upto 35 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women, women judicially separated who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Upto 40 years of age|
FSSAI Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Candidates are screened for the FSSAI assistant level examination post via a computer-based online test.
- The paper has 120 questions.
- One will get 180 minutes to solve the paper.
- Each correct answer will get you four marks.
- The negative marking states that each wrong answer will result in a deduction of 1 mark.
|Subject||Number of questions|
|FSSAI – Role, Functions, and Initiative||25|
Note: The duration of the examination is 180 minutes in aggregate.
The syllabus is as follows:
- General Intelligence:
- Candidates will be tested on questions of both verbal and non-verbal nature for the FSSAI assistant level exam.
- The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems, Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture And Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work, mensuration (area, perimeter, volume).
- English language:
- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Parts of speech.
- General Awareness:
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person for the FSSAI assistant level paper.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries, especially about History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research, and essential national/ international agencies/ institutions/ bodies.
- Computer literacy:
- Candidates are expected to be able to handle all regular office work on computers.
- Knowledge of MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint) including basic commands, Google Docs, emails, digital signature, and commonly used social media handles (Whatsapp, FB, Twitter etc.) would be tested.
- Role, Functions, Initiatives (A General Understanding) – Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI, Structure and Functions of Food Authority, Overview of systems and processes in Standards, Enforcement, Laboratory ecosystem, Imports, Third Party Audit, Promoting safe and wholesome Food (Eat Right India, Food Fortification, SNF, Clean Street Food Hub, RUCO and various other social and behavioural change initiatives), Training and capacity building, Role of State Food Authorities.
FSSAI Assistant Salary
For those who were recently hired, the yearly FSSAI Assistant Salary package is anticipated to be in the range of INR 424,800. This contains the compensation and other perks offered by the Food Authority Board. A FSSAI assistant level worker will be provided with the following additional allowances to the basic pay:
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Detachment Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
- Medical Allowances
- Other Allowances
The FSSAI assistant level employees are also entitled to enjoy the following perks and benefits:
- Reimbursement of expenses for newspapers, telephone charges, etc.
- Medical facilities
- Benefit of Gratuity
- New Pension Scheme
FSSAI Assistant Level Cut-Off
The FSSAI issued the FSSAI assistant Cut Off 2022 along with the FSSAI Result 2022 on July 6, 2022, based on the degree of difficulty of the FSSAI CBT-1 Exam that was held on March 28, 29, 30, and 31. Candidates who appeared for the exam can check the respective score card from FSSAI’s official website.
Note: FSSAI assistant level information related to the exam and other schedules is released on the official website of the FSSAI. Candidates should follow the published notification for secure and timely updates. For more job updates and recruitment notifications keep following us: wbdstbt.in.