How to apply for International Driving Permit?
In the recent scenario, one has to know at least how to drive a vehicle and should have a valid driving license that they can use while driving. This certifies that the person has learned to drive completely and is now eligible for operating the vehicle anywhere in the country. Emergencies do not have a fixed date, so, everyone needs to be very attentive and ready for facing any kind of situation and that too anywhere in the world.
There are also people who like to travel to different countries and have fun. They move to different parts of the world and explore the places, but you can roam everywhere in a taxi because it will be costly. The best thing you can do is get a car or a bike for rent that you can use for purposes. But you cannot drive any other vehicle just with your driving license issued in India, you need to have to properly apply international driving license to drive any of the vehicles. This is very important because this can also be used for multiple purposes other than just a simple driving license.
What is an International Driving Permit?
Now, there are a lot of people who think about what exactly is an International Driving Permit and what is its use? So, to clarify everything and make you understand properly, we are here. An International Driving Permit is a permit that allows individuals to drive any vehicle in a foreign country if they are thinking to drive anything. Driving can be easy for a lot of people but driving in a foreign county with different transportation and road rules is very difficult because you need to adapt to the county’s situation as well. This is the main reason that everyone cannot drive a vehicle in a foreign country.
International Driving License Validity
There are many people who want to travel to a foreign country and enjoy driving vehicles, but the only reason they cannot do that is that they do not have the International Driving Permit. You also need to make sure that you keep on renewing the International Driving License because the International Driving License Validity is limited to only one year.
Everything has its expiry date so as the license, you need to keep renewing it every year if you are visiting the county again and if not, then you need not have to worry. If you are caught and the validity of the license is expired, then you could be heavily charged and fined. To avoid all these situations, always check the validity of the license and travel to your destination without any tension.
International Driving License Fee?
Everything has a fee and if you are going to get an International Driving Permit then you need to pay a small amount which you will be directly paid to the government. You need not have to worry about the fees because it is not so expensive in India. You just have to pay around 1000 Rs. to get the international driving license form or you can also call it form 4. This form is required to get the form and only one thousand rupees are required to complete the whole process and the fees.
How to apply for International Driving License?
Now, the most important and the most common question in the minds of everyone’s how can they apply for an International Driving Permit or a License. The process is not at all complicated, you just need to follow some of the steps that you are going to read in the article and get your international Driving permit as early as possible. This is the time to enjoy, so why are you waiting, just follow these steps and get everything done quickly.
Steps to follow:
- The first thing you need is your passport-size photographs. Make sure you have at least 10 photos so that you can use them anytime and anywhere it is asked to provide some of your photos.
- The second thing is having the required documents with you while applying for the international driving license. You need a valid driving license issued by the RTO of your region. Your passport and the visa along with some additional documents like the valid citizenship proof, medical certificate, age proof, address proof, and also the air tickets that you have booked for the foreign country that you are going to visit.
- The next step is filling up Form 4 or “The form for issue of International Driving Permit”. You can easily get the form from your nearest RTO and they will process all the other things that are required for the purpose.
- Once you have filled and submitted the form along with 1000 Rs. and other documents, the RTO will hand over your driving license within 3-4 business days. You need not have to worry about it, just make sure to keep renewing it after one year from the date of issue.
- Your license is now ready and now you can use it whenever you travel to a specific country and enjoy the rented vehicles.
You need to make sure that the country for which you are going to apply for the international driving license provides the visa before the arrival because it is mandatory in India to have the visa issued from the country to apply for the license. You also have to fill in the details, so you need the visa while applying for the license.
Advantages of an International Driving Permit:
There are a lot of advantages and some of them are as followers:
- The license issued by the country can work as identity proof and you can easily use it wherever you want.
- It can be used to rent any kind of vehicle like cars and bikes. Just have the vehicles and go on a long trip exploring the country.
- It helps to decrease the language barrier as your information can be provided in the language of the country you are visiting.
- You need not have to give any kind of driving test if you have an IDP.
Read more interesting How Tos on WBDSTBT.in